The Zondervan Encyclopedia of the Bible has been a classic Bible study resource for more than thirty years. Now thoroughly revised, this new five-volume edition provides up-to-date entries based on the latest scholarship. Beautiful full-color pictures supplement the text, which includes new articles in addition to thorough updates and improvements of existing topics. Different viewpoints of scholarship permit a well rounded perspective on significant issues relating to doctrines, themes, and biblical interpretation.
The goal remains the same: to provide pastors, teachers, students, and devoted Bible readers a comprehensive and reliable library of information.
- More than 5,000 pages of vital information on Bible lands and people
- More than 7,500 articles alphabetically arranged for easy reference
- Hundreds of full-color and black-and-white illustrations, charts, and graphs
- 32 pages of full-color maps and hundreds of black-and-white outline maps for ready reference
- Scholarly articles ranging across the entire spectrum of theological and biblical topics, backed by the most current body of archaeological research
- 238 contributors from around the world.